I absolutely love the vibrant colours, the taste and the health benefits that this salad has to offer. Sprouted foods such as raw seeds, beans, nuts, and grains are live whole foods that pack quite the nutritional punch; a must when eating right. Sprouted mung beans are very digestible, high in fibre, B-vitamins, a great source of protein and loaded with vitamin C, K, folate and iron. This is salad guaranteed to fill you up and give you that much needed energy so that you can take on the rest of your day.
- 1 Pkg TruRoots Sprouted Mung beans 283g
- 1 large orange pepper, seeded and chopped
- 1 large yellow pepper, seeded and chopped
- 1/2 long English cucumber cut in half lengthwise and sliced
- 2 green onions thinly chopped
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes sliced in half
- juice from half a lemon
- juice from half a lime
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- a dash or two of oregano and garlic powder
- salt and pepper to taste
- Wash and prep all ingredients while you cook the sprouted mung beans according to the instructions. It should take no longer than about 5 minutes time.
- Once cooked, chill the beans in cold water and strain.
- In a large bowl, mix all remaining ingredients together with the beans and enjoy!
PureSense Health Clients: 1 cup salad = 2 protein + 1 vegetable + 1 fat
Note: Properly sprouted foods are a great addition to any diet. It is recommended one enjoys thoroughly cooked sprouts to reduce the risk of food poisoning. Click for more information.