Spinach & Ricotta Stuffed Chicken
- 5 large chicken breasts (boneless, skinless) – roughly 4-5oz each and ideally organic free range
- 1 cup ricotta cheese
- 1/4 cup shredded mozzarella
- 1 cup chopped spinach (or mixed greens of your choice)
- 2 tbsp avocado oil
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- garlic powder
- Preheat oven to 375F and grease a 9×13 baking dish with some oil.
- In a small mixing bowl, combine ricotta, mozzarella, spinach, a dash or two of garlic powder, and a sprinkle of both salt and pepper.
- On a cutting board, position the chicken breast and carefully insert the tip of a sharp knife into the thickest portion of the chicken breast. To build a pocket without cutting all the way through, cut an opening about 4 inches across.
- Rub each chicken breast down with avocado oil inside and out. Sprinkle with oregano, pepper, garlic powder, and paprika.
- Stuff each breast with the cheese mixture. (You can also secure the pocket with toothpicks if you like, I usually don’t.- But if you do, remember to remove them before serving.)
- Place the breasts into the prepared baking dish, sprinkle with additional paprika, garlic powder, a pinch of salt, and bake for 25 minutes or until chicken is thoroughly cooked. Check the internal temperature with a thermometer – 165F is a safe temperature.
- Serve warm!
Recipe Yields: 5 servings
PureSense Health Clients: 1 serving (4oz stuffed chicken breast) = 4 proteins + 1 dairy + 1 Fat