A creamy coconut curry soup the whole family will love!
- 2 medium Acorn Squash
- 1 can coconut milk (400ml)
- 1 tbsp salt
- 1 tsp ground black pepper
- 1 tbsp curry powder
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- 1 medium white onion chopped
- 1-2 tbsp olive oil
- 4-6 cups water
- Steamed Broccoli Florets (optional)
- Carefully slice the acorn squash in half and remove the seeds.
- Place face up on a baking sheet and bake in the oven at 350 degrees. Bake the squash until tender when pierced with a fork, 45 minutes to 1 hour.
- Once the acorn squash is soft remove from the oven and let it sit a bit to cool off.
- While the acorn squash is cooling, saute the onion and garlic with the olive oil until soft in a large cooking pot.
- Remove from heat and add the squash. (Make sure it has cooled down enough and is safe to hold. Or you can try to hold it with a towel.) Scoop out the inside with a spoon to remove the flesh adding it to the pot.
- Depending on consistency desired add 4-6 cups of water, the coconut milk and your spices and mix the soup well.
- Bring the soup to a boil and reduce to a simmer for about 30 minutes.
- Remove from heat and puree the soup with a hand held blender. (Make sure you don’t burn yourself!) Get all the chunks in the soup making sure to blend well so as to get a smooth creamy consistency.
Serve, topped with 1/2 cup steamed broccoli florets. (Optional)
PureSense Health Clients: 1 cup soup = 2 protein + 2 fat – Count as a Vegetable serving too if you add the broccoli. 😉