Satisfy that sweet tooth with this super-simple no-bake treat!
Chocolate Peanut Butter Cups
- 1 cup coconut oil
- 1 cup 100% organic cacao powder
- 1/2 cup 100% organic pure maple syrup
- 1/2 cup all natural smooth peanut butter
- 1 tbsp icing sugar
- Add your coconut oil, and your maple syrup to a saucepan and warm them up together over low heat. Heat them just slightly until the coconut oil has completely melted. Remove from the heat, add your cacao powder and mix well. Tip: Make sure you are using the real organic cacao powder and not the cocoa powder found at the grocery store as the organic one is full of antioxidants and super high in magnesium which will help in reducing sugar cravings. – I know what you’re thinking; a treat with benefits right? It’s a win-win! 🙂
- Line a mini muffin pan with 24 mini muffin liners and pour the mixture into each cup making sure to fill only 1/3 of the cup each time.
- Put the tray in the freezer for about 30 minutes (or until chocolate is hard). While the chocolate cups are in the freezer mix the peanut butter and the icing sugar together.
- Once the chocolate cups are hard drop a about a 1/2 tsp size of the peanut butter mixture into the middle of each cup. Pour the remaining chocolate mixture (you may have to re-heat it a bit) dividing it evenly among each one until each chocolate peanut butter cup is covered.
- Place the mini muffin pan back into the freezer for another 30 minutes or until hard.
Note: Keep these goodies in an airtight container in the freezer as they tend to soften up too much if left out for too long.
Recipe Makes: 24 Mini Chocolate Peanut Butter Cups
PureSense Health Clients:
- 1 Chocolate Peanut Butter Cup = 3 Fat