I always say, “Cook once, eat twice!”
These savory meatloaf muffins are such a wonderful recipe to batch cook. I love doubling or even tripling this recipe and keeping the muffins in the freezer for last minute meals. Yes, they are ridiculously tasty on their own but in a pinch you can heat some up and make a completely different meal. I like to heat and them crumble one muffin into a wrap with veggies for lunch, or even better yet they are delish crumbled over salad and topped with Greek yogurt for a healthy taco salad. My munchkins love them on pita bread with pizza sauce, veggies and cheese for a light and healthy pizza!
Here’s how to make them…
- 2 lbs lean ground meat (chicken, beef, turkey)
- 1 medium red onion, finely diced
- 1/2 cup skim milk
- 1/2 cup bread crumbs I like to use 1/2 cup quinoa flakes or for an extra boost of fibre you can grind up and use 1/2 cup of all bran)
- 2 eggs
- ½ cup chopped parsley
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 2 tbsp minced garlic
- Himalayan Pink Salt + Fresh ground black pepper ( I load them with pepper) 😉
- 1 heaping tbsp chaga mushroom powder.
- 2 Tbsp HP Sauce (optional)
- 1/2 cup organic tomato sauce
Want some added heat? (optional)
- chili flakes (to taste)
- 1 tsp hot sauce
- Preheat an oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). Grease a large muffin pan with avocado oil cooking spray.
- Combine all ingredients together in a large bowl with your hands until well blended.
- Divide meat mixture evenly into muffin tins filling to the top.
- Bake in preheated oven until cooked thoroughly or no longer pink in the center, about 30 minutes. If you have an instant-read thermometer inserted into the center and it should read at least 160 degrees F (70 degrees C).
You can serve immediately with some sprouted brown rice and my yummy red cabbage and kale salad!
PureSense Health Clients:
Makes 12 Mini Meatloaf Muffins
1 Muffin = 3.5 Protein