A super-simple vegan creamy cashew sauce poured over al dente fettuccine noodles.
Creamy Cashew Fettuccine Alfredo
- 1 package 14oz (397g) Dry Fettuccine Noodles (makes 8 servings)
- 1.5 cups unsalted cashews (pre-soaked for 5 hours or overnight is best)
- 2 tbsp. Avocado Oil
- Himalayan Pink Salt
- White Pepper (Optional)
- 3-4 garlic cloves – minced (Feel free to use less if you aren’t too fond of garlic.)
- 1cup Water
- 1/2c – 1cup Almond Milk, depending on consistency wanted. (I use Silk True Almond, Unsweetened – 30cal, I like it as it’s the only one I can find without carageenan, unless I make my own.)
- 1 medium White Onion
(You’ll want to boil your fettuccine noodles while you prep and make the Creamy Cashew sauce. This way, once the sauce is done you can drain and rinse your noodles and then immediately toss them into your cashew sauce and serve.)
To make the Creamy Cashew Sauce:
- Slice onion once in half and then horizontally making thin half moon slices.
- Heat skillet and add sliced onions and avocado oil. Sautee with the oil until the onions are soft. Add the minced garlic, salt and stir.
- Add 1.5 cups of cashews and sauté for a couple more minutes. Add 1 cup of water and cover.
- After about 5 minutes or until most of the water has evaporated, remove from heat and pour into your food processor. Add 1/2cup -1 cup almond milk (depending on how thick you would like the sauce to be) and blend until the ingredients make a smooth creamy consistency.
- Time to taste the sauce! Add some more salt to taste or even add a little white pepper if you’d like.
- Pour over fettuccini noodles, toss together and serve. Feel free to garnish this meal with green onions and crushed cashews.
Recipe Yields 8 Servings
PureSense Health Clients:
1 cup Pasta with 1/4 cup Creamy Cashew Sauce = 2 Starch + 2 Fat + 1 Protein