A savory yet light pasta meal loaded with dietary fibre making it oh-so filling!
- 1 lb extra lean ground beef
- 1 large onion, finely diced
- 1 pkg sliced crimini mushrooms
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- salt and pepper
- 2 teaspoons dried parsley
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 250 ml crushed tomatoes
- 125 ml diced tomatoes
- About 1 1/2 tsp coarse salt or to taste
- 2 packs Organic nuPasta Spaghetti noodles
- chopped fresh parsley and parmesan cheese, for garnish
- Heat a large frying pan over medium/high heat.
- Add the ground beef and cook until almost completely browned, breaking it up with a wooden spoon as its cooking.
- Add the onions, mushrooms garlic, salt and pepper (to taste), chili powder, basil, oregano. (Saute with the beef until the onions are soft and translucent.)
- Add the crushed and diced tomatoes and stir to combine.
- Cover and let simmer on medium-low heat for 20-25 minutes. Stir regularly to ensure the meat sauce cooks evenly.
- Prepare the pasta according to the package directions, (drain & rinse well).
- Add pasta to the meat sauce and mix evenly.
- Serve with a sprinkling of fresh parsley and freshly grated parmesan cheese. Our family really enjoy’s freshly grated mizithra cheese!
Recipe Yields 4 Servings
PureSense Health Clients: 1 Serving = 4 Protein + 4 Veg