Delicious Homemade Waffles
- 4 cups all purpose flour (you can use barley, spelt, whole grain flour, gluten free or any other flour option of your choice)
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp cardamom
- 1/2 cup organic coconut palm sugar (Here’s why I love it so much!)
- 4 cups skim milk or (silk dairy-free almond milk)
- 4 large eggs
- 3 very ripe bananas
- Sift flour into a large bowl.
- Add the salt, baking powder, cinnamon, nutmeg, cardamom, and whisk.
- In another large bowl mash the 3 bananas well, and whisk in the eggs one at a time. Add sugar and vanilla, mix well.
- Slowly combine the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients, slowly adding the milk to the batter. Once mixed check the thickness or viscosity of the batter, if it’s too thick add a splash of milk, if it’s too thin and a sprinkle of flour until desired consistency is reached.
- Pour batter into waffle iron and cook at medium heat until ready!
These waffles are delicious topped with fresh berries and as always, a little syrup!
Note: This recipe makes A LOT of waffles, great for freezing and throwing into the toaster for a quick and easy breakfast on the go. We personally keep them in the fridge in a ziploc bag. Trust me, they’ll be gone before before you know it!
PureSense Health Clients: 1 Waffle = 2 Starch
Recipe Yields 16 Waffles