Greek-Style Spinach & Feta Egg Casserole
- 8 eggs
- 4 oz browned extra lean ground beef
(or breakfast sausage)
- 2 cups frozen/chopped spinach or kale
- 2 cups milk
- 3 cups frozen diced hash browns
- 4oz Feta (crumbled)
- 2 tsp garlic powder
- 2 tsp salt
- 2 tsp oregano
- Begin browning meat on high in frying pan. While browning add in 1 tsp salt, 1 tsp oregano and 1 tsp of garlic powder. Keep frying until fully cooked. Set aside. Note: Want to skip the first step? You can used pre-browned beef, sausage or cube up some cooked ham. I also usually have my savory meatloaf muffins available in the freezer. I just warm them up in the microwave and crumble into the egg mixture. The meatloaf muffins are handy to have for recipes like this, a quick protein on a salad or even for lunch in a wrap!
- In a large bowl, whisk eggs & milk together
- Add browned meat & all other ingredients; combine well.
- Pour into a greased 8×13 Pyrex
- Bake uncovered in preheated oven (350F) for 30-40 minutes or until eggs are set.
Recipe Yields: 8 Servings
PureSense Health Clients: 1 Serving = 3 protein + 1 Starch + 1 Vegetable