Pearl Couscous & Bean SaladQuick and easy meals are all the rage in my home! No time to fuss here, read ahead to get the recipe for this easy and delicious Couscous & bean salad!
- 200g dry pearl couscous roughly 1 + 1/3 cups of dry large pearl couscous
- 1 cup sliced baby carrots
- 1 cup broccoli florets (no stem)
- 1/4 small red onion thinly sliced (feel free to add more if you love onions!)
- 1 can 454g black beans (BPA free can – rinsed and drained)
- 4 oz crumbled feta
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 4 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 2 tsp dried oregano
- 1 tsp salt
- a dash or two of black pepper
- To prepare the couscous: Put a tablespoon of the oil in a saucepan and add the couscous. Fry for a couple of minutes until the couscous smells toasted, then cover generously with salted water. Bring to the boil and simmer for 6-8 minutes, or until the couscous is just tender. Once al dente in texture, strain and allow to cool.
- Wash and prep the veggies: Thinly slice baby carrots (lengthwise), thinly slice red onion and remove stems from the broccoli leaving you with mini florets. (chop up the stems and add them to the salad as well) Set veggies aside.
- Rinse and drain your canned beans
- In a large bowl add the olive oil, vinegar, salt, garlic powder, pepper and oregano. Mix dressing well with a whisk. Toss in the cooked and cooled couscous pearls, the veggies and black beans, coating all ingredients well.
- Top with crumbled feta and serve!
Recipe Yields: 4 Servings
PureSense Health Clients: 1 Serving = 4 protein + (or 2 Protein +1 Dairy) + 2 Starch + 2 Vegetable +2 Fat